Sunday, April 28, 2013

Falling off the wagon...

One cookie. That's all it took. It wasn't even one of my favourite ones even, made with liberal amounts of sugar and egg whites and cocos. On my defense, I must say that I had PMS and that I was kind of socially forced to eat the one cookie. My boss remembered I suffer from lactose intolerance and went the pains to get cookies I could eat (apart from cake for other people). It is difficult then to say: "sorry, no, I am on diet". And people always tell you "one cookie is not so bad, take only one". Lies. It was very bad. I left ketosis, but even worse, it awoke the PMS cookie monster and this meant I went on a spree of eating chocolate, cookies, and other crap, with my insulin going mad. The weirdest thing is that you know you will feel much better not eating all that crap, but on the very moment, on the short term satisfaction, this is overrode and you want yet another sweet thing. And it spiralling is what makes it so dangerous: I started to feel really bad because of the one cookie, and this prompted a craving for more sweets that made me crave even more, etc. Afterwards came the very decadent trip to Barcelona, and it did not help to improve things. All in all I lost about a month of dieting, meaning, 2 kg went up. Doesn't sound so bad for normal folks, but if you are heavily overweight or obese, any extra kilo does damage. Right now I started the diet anew and I am where I left for the "one cookie trip". Let's see if I can keep on and not get tempted or coerced to eat any more cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment