Monday, January 28, 2013

Second week on the LCHF diet

The second week became easier. As I said, the first week I still did not add enough fat to the food to actually feel satiated for long. The first 2 days I was hungry. I had exchanged the carbs for protein. That is not good, too much protein is not good for you.  But I read the recommendations on Andreas Eenfeldt site again and it says: "don't be afraid of fat".
The thing is, since I started to pay attention to nutrition, the insistence is on reducing the amount of fat. Eat "good fats" but in moderation. But, what is moderation when it comes to fat? Half a cup? A tablespoon? A teaspoon? As a result, I had become fat-phobic.
Well, I gave it a try. I cannot eat cheese with butter (some people do that), or make myself "bullet coffee", a mixture of butter and coffee to get going in the morning. To my fat-phobic self that just sounds gross. But I added a little cream to a simple courgette and bullion soup, and all of a sudden, I could have 2 small plates of soup and be satiated! The best discovery is the mashed cauliflower with cream and cheese. Fantastic and very filling.
I searched the Internet for recipes and I found Chef William's movies. He is a cheeky swede living in Zurich, making funny videos about cooking LCHF style. He is an inspiration.
 What came extra with this diet, something I could not have foreseen is the state of well being I got. I feel more energetic, more rested (I sleep better). I can concentrate much better at work and I don't have those terrible headaches when finishing the working day. My skin looks amazing. My nails look amazing. My hair too. But most importantly, I don't feel sick anymore. I haven't had a single "spontaneous sickness" since I started this diet. I feel fantastic! And there are no more cravings for sweets. I feel less hungry. When I come home I am happy, energetic, inspired to cook.
 Last but not least: I weighted myself and I went down another 1.5 kg (I guess there was some remaining water after all) and I was at 73.5 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment