Thursday, January 31, 2013

LCHF diet week 4

Today I weighted myself and the scale showed the needle (it is old fashioned indeed) slightly below 73 kg. The rate I was hoping for, 1/2 kilo per week, has slowed down. I did have some influence to it though: last couple of weekends I really overdid it with the wine. I drank waaay too much wine (like a whole liter) in the course of the evening. And as I have been learning recently, the body metabolizes ethanol in pretty much the same way as fructose. This means you get these fatty liver problems that sound so nasty. The weirdest thing about the wine was that it didn't feel (at the moment) like a lot. So it seems this diet helps me to not get so tipsy and so hangover the next day. My boyfriend did not have the same luck though.

I suppose it is time to admit it: I will have to "help" the weight reduction with some exercise. Actually more than my weight it is my size and my health I am most concerned. The thing is, until very recently, I felt so heavy and sluggish that I couldn't exercise. And the moment I started moving, I got joint pain right away. I am hoping it is not the case now. And I was hoping I could delay this exercise issue till it was warmer and nicer outside. To go to the gym and feel like an idiot surrounded with other idiots moving like lunatics at some musical tune is really not appealing. But even less appealing is to hook myself on a machine to pull weights and grunt and sweat. It is so stupid! I have never been able to play or enjoy group sports, as my asthma really is an impediment. I need some aerobic type of exercise, or I get an asthma attack right away. Perhaps swimming?


No comments:

Post a Comment